Thursday, June 10, 2010

Check your nutrition label

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been so long... I just finished a fairly intense summer school class. Anyway, I had a thought the other day and I was wondering... wouldn't it be nice if people came with "nutrition labels"? You know, so we could know if they were good for us or not? At times we end up in relationships that are not always best for us, but they are comfortable and enough to satisfy us at the moment. Or we know very well the other person is not good for us, but we feel better being with someone. If you know there's better out there, someone who would treat you better and make you really happy, would you want to sacrifice that for something that is merely "good" for you? Would you actually want to be with someone simply because you are the one that's good for them? It all seems rather unfair doesn't it. Perhaps a few of you out there need to reread the nutrition label and decide whether or not they're good enough. I promise, doing so will improve your health.
Another thought I had came from some recent news that an old boyfriend is getting married this summer. I won't lie, it stung a bit. Why though? I'm happily married and haven't seen this Ex of mine in over 2 years. The only thing I can think of is no one likes the idea of being replaced, that we weren't good enough for that person. In my head, there is something about this girl that makes her better than me and it's slightly depressing. Is this true? I don't know. As I thought more about it I decided that it is healthier to stop thinking about it and let it go. The grass is the same color green anywhere you step. Holding on to past relationships keep us from moving forward in new ones and being happy. It makes us doubt our choices and could sabotage a perfectly good current relationship. So I am letting go and not worrying about the fact that I'm not a nurse who got to travel and looks all perky and cute. Moving on does not have to mean loss, but more so learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment