Sunday, March 14, 2010

But they started it!

Learning to say, "I'm sorry" had been a lesson I've had to work at quite a bit. My husband pointed it out, which at first I was annoyed, but he was right. I was a HUGE feminist in Jr. High and High school and thought the world (i.e. the male species) owed me an apology. I was the repressed gender right?? WRONG! What I have learned over the years, especially the last year-ish, is that it doesn't matter which gender you are it matters how you treat others. I don't think it's right to exert any power over someone else. It is time we start treating each other with respect. I know, I know, they started it... but that doesn't mean you need to continue it. It takes much patience and effort to learn to forgive and say sorry, but I'm telling you I am much happier in my marriage. And I know once you start being more forgiving so will your significant other.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best pieces of advice I give to women single or married, is the power they have in relationships with men/husbands, especially the latter. When a woman knows and not only knows but understands and executes her love and nurturing and the power she holds in that relationship/marriage, amazing things always happen. Relationships strengthen and deepen to a point you wouldn't normally think.

    I'm happy to hear how you have progressed! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete